Takeaway Tuesdays: Using fear in marketing (and not screwing it up)
Boo! You know what scares me? A world without the profound knowledge of Neil Patel. He wrote a great article on using fear as a marketing tactic, but preventing it from blowing up in your face. Here are my takeaways:
- One of the best ways to walk a safe line while still using fear in marketing is to take advantage of loss aversion.
- Too much fear in your marketing messaging will only paint your business as a grim place that users don’t want to visit.
- Click the “Create Split Test” box, and you can test your creative pieces to see how different fear and loss aversion strategies work with your audience.
- Next time you create an ad on Facebook or Google AdWords, try using a fear-based approach to drive higher click-through rates and more conversions.
- Split testing on AdWords and Facebook will be a great way to test your audience and the reception that fear-based marketing has.